Monday, December 29, 2008

Crystal Castles Makes Me Shake My Moneymaker!

Lol, I can't stress how much I fucking love CC. I've been on this jawn since early '08 when I nearly killed the CD at the radio station. It rekindled my love for all things dance and electronica. As a DJ at the college radio station, we have to make a yearly list of out top ten records. I noticed that at least seven of my spots were dance albums (the exception being Adele's "19"). Crystal Castles was up there, along with Cut Copy and the new Shiny Toy Guns (which is so fucking bomb.com). Damn I love music. Check out Crystal Castles. I recommend the following songs: Alice Practice, Crimewave, Knights, and Black Panther.

This entry comes about mainly from boredom. I really shouldn't be bored, with writing the "Always and Never" sequel and my brand new story (which I'm kinda proud of). But alas, here I am, dicking around on my blog.

Things are going okay. I'm leaving for West Va. tomorrow. Back to the grind. I work the New Year's party at the club and I'm uber pumped only because we have to dress nice. Lol, I love band shirts, but damn it's nice to look like a girl once in awhile. Okay, I'm going to be honest...the only reason I'm super excited is because I get to wear a tie. I've never had to before. I can't wait to bring out my inner Annie Hall.

I saw The Spirit yesterday. Totally sick. Samuel L was badass as always. It's so unlike Sin City. While the latter was serious and darkly humorous, The Spirit is supposed to be campy and dark humor. The villians are ridiculous (Paz Vega's sword-wielding temptress is named Plaster au Paris) and the action is over the top, but in a good way. I wish it was a bit darker like the comics, but all in all it wasn't bad. Oh yeah, and Eva Mendes...mmm, she's totally added to that list of "Chicks I'd Go Gay For". I think I've seen all her no-no bits and she's just smokin' hot.

Someday I'll publish that list. I suppose I'll put up my list of "Hot Ass Men That Could Tear It Up" too. That's a list of guys my best friend and I compiled of guys we know and celebrities we think can lay some bomb ass pipe (or tear it the hell up). The top of her list? Gerard Butler, simply because she wants him to yell "This...is...SPARTA!" right before orgasm. LOL.

At the top of mine? No contest. CLIVE MOTHERFUCKING OWEN. Or Henry Cavill. Or Jonathan Rhys-Meyers. Gale Harold, Takeshi Kaneshiro, Pharell Williams...okay I'm getting ahead of myself.. *Shudder*. And then of course there's the epic "Hot Older Men I'd Bone" playlist, consisting of such favorites as Benecio del Toro, Andy Garcia, Robert DeNiro, and D.L. Hughley.

Lol, so as you can see...I'm apparently feeling much better as my normal "guy appreciation" side returns. (as opposed to boy-crazy. I'm too fucking old for that title.)

I should get back to writing. In my next entry I'll post the pictures for "Getting Over Edie". I think I'm going to start submitting stories to The Chamber, starting with "GOE". I've been reading the stuff over there and those chicks are totally live. You should definitely give a look-see.

Ooh, I totally forgot! I went to Hot Topic yesterday (I am so ashamed of myself) to get new jewelery for my lip ring and I found the most epic of epics.



One of my favorite albums of 2007. I found it on vinyl for 15 bucks and nearly gasm'd.

And so ends my ridiculously long and pointless entry about nothing. Cheers!

1 comment:

keya said...

Can I just say that your blogs and stories on Lit are friggin AWESOME!!!! The fact that your screen name is nerd4music totally reminds me of myself. Your taste in music is much appreciated. Anyway, good luck in writing and can't wait to read more.