Monday, December 22, 2008

Happy Monday!

Never thought I'd ever say those words. Indeed, I am quite happy. I'm two assignments away from finishing up the longest semester ever, I'm going home for the holidays one day earlier than expected, and my new story is FINALLY up!

'Tis the season.

I always get a little blue around New Year's, but since I'll be spending it working at the club, it shouldn't be so bad. For those of you that don't know, I work at as a door girl, checking IDs at one of the clubs here in Morgantown. It's pretty interesting work.

New Year's is going to be interesting. Although part of me is always secretly jealous of happy couples kissing at midnight. I start to wonder how much I'm missing out on. But then I think about the MAJOR fucking bullet I just dodged this past season and then I say thank you Jesus for letting some of that good sense my Mommy gave me actually sink into my hard head. Lord knows she yelled enough. For those of you who didn't have the pleasure of growing up with a West Indian momma, they tend to yell more, and guilt trip. It's no wonder I get along with my Jewish friends so well. (LOL)

Anyway, I should probably grab some food before I head out on the road. I'll try to post once more before Christmas, but if I don't...Have a safe and wonderful Holiday everyone!

2 comments:

la Princesa said...

Hey Sienna, just finished reading your new story. Good and intelligent writing as always. I know a lot of 'independent' women would want to kick Racheal's ass for being a pushover. I can totally relate to her, i was in a similar situation once. Leaving him was the hardest thing ive ever had to do but it has turned out to be the wisest decision ive ever made.

Back to you, im glad you are are back. I missed your sarcastic humour on Lit. Keep your head up girl, heartaches dont last always!!!

Anonymous said...

Can't wait to read your story Hawthorne!