Saturday, December 27, 2008

Decisions, Decisions...

I hope a Merry Christmas was in store for each and every one of my readers.

After a lot of deliberations and countless drafts, I've decided to write another part to "Always and Never". At the time, I really didn't see the point of continuing the story. But after I read (and re-read) the damn thing I realized I just couldn't end it that way. There were so many emails (which I still need to respond to. Don't worry, I'm working my way through them) from you guys, talking about your own experiences with relationships of a similar emotional nature. As someone put it,, giving Rachel the ending she deserved was a lot better than the ending she would get in real life.

I think I can satisfy my inner writer and still produce a great read for you. To be honest, I'm a little intimated by "Always and Never". It's uncharted territory, writing a female character so emotionally weak and fragile. They tend to annoy the balls outta me. And don't even get me started on asshole guys. So not attractive. But I found it was easier to do so in this case because it was something I really went through. For the first (and last time, real talk) I was that weak girl, giving in because of eagerness to please.

I judged Rachel, even when I was writing her and that bitterness comes out in my writing. Even when I was writing her character, after everything I went through I tried not to like her. There was so much of me in her. And now that I'm not as hurt and as angry as I was writing the first part, I fear I've lost that raw pain that was so evident. When I say this story drained me, I mean REALLY. It was tough to write and I never read it fully until a few days ago. That's when I realized it was begging for a aequel.

So I've put fingers to keyboard. I know that the only way I'll be able to move on with my other works is by getting this damn beast that is "Always and Never" out of my head and onto the paper. I won't give you an exact time frame for the story. My new semester doesn't start until January 12th, so I've got some time.

In other news, I got some kickass Christmas prezzies. I finally got my XBOX 360, the new Guitar Hero, Tomb Raider: Underworld, and my favorite: Mortal Kombat vs. DC Universe! OMG, it's going to be so cool kicking Batman's ass. Marvel Comics fo' life.

Dorkdom aside, the reason I'm so anxious to get "Always and Never" out is because I'm itching to work on this new story I've got rolling around. I've started the first chapter already and it's looking promising. It's called "Getting Over Edie" and it's about a writer who gets dumped and the steps he takes to mend his broken heart. (LOL, sound familiar?) I know, two breakup stories back-to-back. But this one is different. There's a lot of humor mixed in with the heart. And I'm trying something new: writing in first person from the male perspective. I've never done that before and with a novel-type story. But I'm up to the challenge.

Anywho, I should probably get back to writing. I wanted to include the soundtrack for "Always and Never". It's just songs I've been listening to during my own drama and stuff that's fueled my creativity. Hope you enjoy!


3 comments:

VampiresLotus said...

Some times you do have to catch life by the balls... that's why I carry a big knife :) lol

Always and never is a really good story and im happy that you've decided to continue it. Im also happy its a little easier to find some of my favorite authors on here as well (yay) Keep up all that great work!

Anonymous said...

Yay! I'm so happy you are going to write some more. I think it will be very good for you. And not to sound gay, but I think you're my soulmate, haha. The first song on your play list is only my favorite song ever! Great to see you feeling better, can wait for your stories! Kat.:)

Anonymous said...

I went through a similar thing in a past relationship. It was double the trouble because not only was it the firt time someone showed real interest in me, but it was also with a girl. So on top of everything I had to deal with my sexuality. And like you, I started turning into what she wanted me to be just because I didnt want to lose her...or better said, I didnt want to lose the atention she was giving me. Luckily, I got a hold of myself before my heart was too into it. I loved your story and cant wait to see what you're gonna give us next.

Jennaheart