Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Playlist, Life Updates, etc.

God, I hate Wednesdays. It's the time when I have to do the most work for my classes. Discussion questions must be posted, lessons must be read, and to be honest I'm kind of sick of having to be creative. Oh well. It's the life of a student.

In other news, I'm seriously considering taking a sabbatical from drinking. Earlier this week I had a ridic episode that someone had to witness (or listen to, as it is). I'm sorry about that. Normally I don't tend to be a basketcase, but there's been a lot of unnecessary stress that I'm slowly trying to get rid of. So tonight I don't think I'll be drinking at the bar.

I know a lot of people are wondering what's going on with my writing. Well to be honest, I haven't been feeling as awesome as I used to about my work. Yes, from time to time I do get a little intimidated and insecure about my work. But then I realized that there are always going to be people out there that are "better" writers. I put better in quotations because even though we may write erotica, our styles are completely different. We don't have the same experiences or go through the same emotions.

Plus, I'm still young. I have more than enough time to perfect and sharpen my skills. While I know all this, it does get a little hard to keep that tiny green monster at bay. I'll keep on trying, you know?

I don't know how publishing is going to go for me. I was given an offer a while ago and recently my work and bio had subsequently been removed from the site without any notice. It's very frustrating and kind of unprofessional but no matter. I suppose that these things aren't always meant to be. And maybe I'm just reading things the wrong way or overanalyzing (like I tend to do ALL the time). Truthfully, I haven't updated as I should or kept on top of things but my life has been kind of crazy and when it really boils down to it: writing will always be my favorite hobby but my life and getting things in order will always come first.

Anywho, basically all I'm saying is...give me some time. I haven't forgotten about you guys. I just...things have really been hard for me. But I'm back now and I promise to stay around for awhile.

I mean, it is clearly my responsibility to bring music and wonderment. (LOL, I sound so freaking narcissistic right there).

So, I'm gonna post a playlist of songs I've been listening to lately. These little numbers have been helping get my thoughts down on paper (or Word, whatever) and been keeping me sane. I'm almost finished with Always and Never. I decided to revamp it, as it needed to be longer and a lot more detailed. It should be up in a few.

As always, take care until next time!

Rock on!

--S


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

That was tacky of WWC. You are an amazing writer!

Anonymous said...

sigh. i adore joshua radin. as much as i enjoy the original only you by yaz, i love his remake. btw, thanks for inspiring me. because of your playlist at the end of Only You...it reminded me of my love of music and i found some new pieces to use in my yoga classes that are a lot of funk, a little sexy and just smooth. i recommend fat freddy's drop if you get a chance, particularly roady.

S. Hawthorne said...

I love love love Joshua Radin. I swear I'm trying to be all over that someday. And as much I love Yaz, he definitely did his thing on Only You. It captures the beauty if the original and gave it a more modern update. I adore the playlist on Only You. I wanted something dancey, yet totally adorable. Nothing like a good dance song to make you warm and fuzzy while getting the feet moving. I will definitely check out your song suggestion.

And to anonymous, I don't sweat the small stuff.