Sunday, August 22, 2010

Updates and Apologies

I will admit, this summer I got a little ambitious. I was full of energy, ready to tackle the beast that is this game I call writing. Things were going smoothly; graduation was behind me, Masters degree in hand. I moved into my new place with a good friend and despite my lack of enthusiasm, still living in Morgantown didn't seem so bad.

But something happened. Actually, that's the problem. NOTHING happened. This writer's block seemed different. The well of ideas was chock full, waiting to be put to paper. The motivation, however, was a different story. Post Grad Syndrome hit me hardcore. Suddenly writing didn't seem so important because I officially was AN ADULT. I went from a grad student to a full-fledged adult with. I have the college loans to prove it. Now I'm expected to find a brilliant career and start my life. The only problem? I DON'T KNOW WHAT THE HELL TO DO. I feel like a jack of all trades and a master of none.

Everyone keeps reassuring me that I will eventually find my way. It helps to know I'm not alone, that everyone my age suffers through the "What the Hell am I doing with my life" phase. I just wish my clarity would show the hell up, already.

I know this isn't a solid reason for my lack of writer slackerdom. And I wholeheartedly apologize to anyone who became frustrated with my lack of participation. Trust me, I know exactly how you feel. It sucks to have all these ideas floating around in my subconscious without any release.

I realize I need to make a change. If you noticed, the blog has a new look. I will try to update at least three times a week. I think any more than that and people will slowly start to realize I'm really a giant nerd with a lot of random thoughts.

Diligence is key, but right now I'm trying to sort and organize my surroundings. I'm working on editing my stories on Literotica. My goal for the next year is to finally be a published author.

Look for an update on Getting Over Edie as well as an excerpt from the upcoming chapter which should be completed before the week is out.

Much love!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Good luck with the writers block. Here's hoping that inspiration strikes soon!

Kem said...

well Congrats on the Masters! And good luck to you in all endeavors. Enjoy life and write if you want or can dear!

Anonymous said...

when will you be putting up the ch 3?