Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Playlists, Story Updates, etc...

As you can already tell, the conclusion of "Always and Never" is up. Finally. I've taken a serious beating with that story, but I have to admit I'm proud of the way it turned out. Many of you expressed how you wanted Rachel to end up with Brendan. Sometimes in life, the people we love never really rise up to our expectations. I don't think there was any conceivable way that the two of them could have been together. And I think it was more important for Rachel to find her own voice than to find love with someone like Brendan.

Anywho, the next project is tentatively titled "Confessions of a Bad Girl" featuring Carrie DiValenti. She's an interesting character to write about. Now, I know a lot of you aren't fans of hers. Out of all the ladies in my Hartley series she's definitely the toughest to love. Her story is definitely one of my longer ones, as I try to go into who she really is. Carrie might seem like a bitch (and trust me, she's def one) but there's also a method to her madness. In this story she finally has to deal with the changes in her life: the upcoming nuptials of her best friend, coming to terms with her feelings for a certain Ryan brother, and moving out of her powerful father's shadow. It should make for an interesting read.

In other news, I'm shipping around "One Night in Vegas" for publishing! It's been almost two years since I wrote about Dex and Roxie. I'm very excited for the chance to see my dream of being a published author come to fruition.

3 comments:

Lacey Ryan said...

Your story brought back a lot of memories for me, and I hope everything works out for you. You are an awesome writer and I would think any publishing company would be luck to have you.

S. Hawthorne said...

Thanks Lacey! I'm so glad you liked the story. It was painful to write, but ultimately really therapeutic. I'm hoping that things go well with publishing. Keep your fingers crossed!

Sienna.

Anonymous said...

Hey! Was one night in vegas ever published?